COVID-19 Updated Regulations
COVID-19 Virus regulations and guidelines are changing by the hour.
A recent meeting of the Board regarding our club operations and regulations related to dealing with this virus has resulted in the below points for your information, implementation and observation.
Following discussions with the board and course superintendent the following will apply to golf competitions until further notice.
- The hole cups will be raised slightly above the ground, by hitting the cup with the ball it will be deemed to be in the hole.
- On no account touch or remove any flagsticks.
- All bunker rakes will be removed, repair sand using combination of feet and club.
- Score your own card, and also be a marker as normal for one of the other players. Please add the name of that player on your card as the partner.
- On completion of golf please ensure the scores are correct and leave the scorecards in the box provided outside the pro shop. All cards will be entered during the afternoon.
- Members in the eclectic competition will have their scores updated via the computer. No requirement to complete the eclectic tickets.
- Score cards will be collected from the Pro Shop and returned in the box supplied
- The Pro Shop are aiming to become cashless encouraging members and visitors to Pay Wave or use the EFT Machine for Competition Fees and Green Fees
CLUBHOUSE & OFFICE
- All clubhouse doors will be kept open to avoid members and visitors touching them
- Tables will be spaced apart in the club house and chairs distanced to comply with social distancing regulations
- Any COVID-19 enquiries or concerns are to be directed to the Club Administration Office
- Bottles requiring an opener will be opened by bar staff. All other bottles will be opened by patrons themselves
- Members and visitors must wash their hands upon entering the clubhouse and approaching the bar
- Cash payments are discouraged at the bar, patrons are asked to use Pay Wave or EFT
- Members and visitors must make themselves aware of social distancing when relaxing in the club
- Bar staff will work in tandem shifts to minimize cross infection
- Bar staff will wipe down tables, chair backs and change coasters as patrons depart the club
- Cleaning spray will be placed in each toilet cubicle for your convenience. We encourage all patrons to use this spray with toilet paper (to flush) and the toilet to brush sanitize the toilet upon leaving the cubicle
KIMBIES WILL BE CLOSED
AT THE CLUB HAVE BEEN CANCELLED OR POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Men’s and Ladies Pennant Competitions have both been postponed
Members and visitors are reminded to be vigilant with regard to sneezing, coughing, touching your face and social distancing. If you are going into self isolation please advise your captains, the Pro Shop or the Office of the date that you are starting for our records.
We aim for PIGC to remain a viable source of outdoor recreation for as long as possible and believe that adhering to the points above we will achieve this.
Thank you all in advance for your attention to this.
Mark Jamieson – Chairman
Phillip Island Golf Club